Choosing a billing software for your alarm dealer business is a very important decision. The software platform you choose will determine how smooth your back office operations run. More importantly, it will give you an accurate and real-time insight to the health of your business.
We have compiled a list of the top 3 things that alarm dealers need to consider when choosing an alarm billing software for their business.
1. How will it impact my billing process?
Unorganized, manual, piles of paperwork and missed billing, do those terms sound familiar when describing your current billing process? These pains can lead to some critical issues for your business including:
- Forgotten billing resulting in missed revenue
- Duplicate data entry, which increases labor costs and longer billing times. You don’t get paid quickly!
- Inability to get the specific reports you need that are tailored to your business
If all of these sound too familiar regarding your billing process, then you need make sure that your next software solution solves all of these issues and more!
Get rid of those piles of papers on your desk and go paperless! What could an accounts receivable software that lets you run billing in one click do for your alarm business?
2. Integration with your service department?
Does your accounting software truly integrate with your service department or have they never heard of each other? For alarm dealers need to ensure that these two departments communicate seamlessly.
- Are your tracking your technician’s activity on a whiteboard? Or even worse, not at all?
- Where are your techs throughout the day? Are they working longer at a job than they should be or napping in a parking lot somewhere?
- Are you sending the best technician for the job based on skill and location?
Your dealer software should definitely have integrated service tracking and scheduling capabilities. Stop throwing good money after bad. As your business grows, this inefficiency will cost you more and more as you struggle to manage these issues within your service department.
3. How far can your off the shelf billing software take you?
There are no shortages of accounting software solutions out there. The question is are they designed for to meet the needs of any business or your business? Sure, any off the shelf accounting software can meet the basic needs of your business, but is that really going to cut it in the long run? The security alarm industry has very specific needs so why would you trust a generic billing software platform?
Alarm dealers need a billing software that can take them passed the ceiling that a generic software will eventually hit. An industry specific, fully integrated back office management software can plug the holes that are draining your company of profits and productivity.
See first-hand what a software build by alarm dealers for alarm dealers can do for your alarm dealer business.
Want More Information?